The Public Transport Authority (PTA) is the primary supplier of public transport services in Western Australia PTA are responsible for the following transport services:
- Rail, bus and ferry services in the metropolitan area (Transperth)
- Public transport services in regional centres (TransRegional)
- Coach and rail passenger services to regional areas (Transwa)
- School bus services
- Designing, building and maintaining transport infrastructure (see our Projects)
- Protecting the long-term viability of the State’s freight rail corridor and infrastructure.