Senior Policy Advisor – Climate & Environment
Senior Policy Advisor – Climate and Environment | Infrastructure Sustainability Council
Candidates welcome from across Australia and/or New Zealand
We offer a range of flexible work options including working locally.
Our response to the twin crises of climate change and biodiversity loss will shape our world for generations to come. As a key enabler of our lifestyles, communities and economies, infrastructure has key and systemic role to play in ensuring a positive future for people, planet and the economy. We are currently seeking a Senior Policy Advisor – Climate & Environment to shape our policy and advocacy and agenda in this space – with a particular focus on the climate action, circular economy and the natural environment.
The Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) is a member-based not-for-profit industry council and recent certified social enterprise. ISCA is the peak industry body for advancing sustainability outcomes in infrastructure. ISCA’s purpose is to ensure all infrastructure delivers social, cultural, environmental and economic benefits.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Deep expertise in the subject area of climate change action, circular economy and the natural environment.
- Excellent primary and secondary research and analytical skills with an ability to identify, interpret and synthesise complex and changing information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to create both formal and informal subject matter content that is robust, trustworthy and compelling.
- Demonstrated experience in development of strategic policy positions, advice, and recommendations to deliver impact as well at support the delivery business strategy.
- Strong experience in engagement of stakeholders to participate and partner in research process including steering committees, collaborations and basic social research.
- Ability to dynamically interpret, analyse, synthesise and provide recommendations on emerging and sometimes incomplete information and insights to inform ongoing organisational decision making, policy and advocacy.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills across varying levels (e.g. executives, partners, sponsors, suppliers, peers).
- Experience in working in partnership across all sectors – government, not-for-profit and private business.
- Ability to deal with complex situations involving competing interests and stakeholders.
- Experience working in high performing cross functional teams where priorities can shift and change
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Postgraduate qualification in subject area well regarded and/or extensive industry experience in relevant field.
- Experience working with sustainability practice, procurement and supply chain systems, and infrastructure an advantage.
How to apply for this job
Please send your resume and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience, skills and qualifications via Seek portal by 30th August 2021.
Enquiries can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must have the right to live and work in Australia and/or New Zealand.