Senior Sustainability & Energy Advisor, CPB Contractors
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people. We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
The Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) Team are seeking a Senior Sustainability & Energy Advisor to manage CPB business wide sustainability reporting systems and facilitate the implementation of business wide strategic sustainability initiatives and outcomes.
About The Role
The role will primarily manage the CPB business wide sustainability reporting systems and facilitate business wide initiative and innovation development and training to achieve best practice sustainability outcomes in alignment with client requirements and industry trends. Specifically, the role will fulfill the following key responsibilities:
- Managing CPB National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting compliance
- Managing CPB business wide sustainability reporting systems for energy, water and waste
- Managing and developing CPB business wide sustainability related performance metrics
- Prepare CPB internal and external business sustainability reports
- Understanding of energy reporting systems including JDE (ERP) and Business Intelligence systems and ability to train team members with using these systems
- Identifying business wide strategic sustainability initiatives, innovations and operational improvements and facilitating roll out and training of initiatives
- Undertaking targeted tender and project energy/sustainability related assessments, audits and reviews
- Managing and developing guidance tools, templates and calculators to streamline project sustainability delivery and assist winning work activities
- Provide business guidance to manage local and international sustainability policies and standards
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the One HSE Cultural Framework, policies, Safety Essentials and Management System requirements and expectations.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role the candidate will have the following skills, experience and demonstrate the below competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Architecture, Engineering or Science or post graduate qualification in Sustainability
- Lead auditor training and/or experience highly desirable
- Experience managing and developing data analytics and reporting systems highly desirable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in construction industry which includes minimum 3 years’ experience undertaking sustainability/energy reporting role
- Demonstrated experience developing data analytics and reporting solutions
- Demonstrated experience developing internal and external business sustainability reports
- Demonstrated experience developing tools, templates and calculators to streamline project sustainability delivery
- Demonstrated experience undertaking energy and water modelling, Climate Change Risk Assessments and whole of life / life cycle assessments
- Demonstrated experience delivering compliance with NGER legislation in organisation with complex decentralized energy streams
- Demonstrated experience with sustainability rating tools such as Infrastructure Sustainability Council and Green Building Council of Australia
- Demonstrated experience undertaking sustainability audits/reviews
- Ability to successfully implement corporate strategies and promote change
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.