Sustainability Engineer, Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald is a uniquely diverse global management, engineering and development consultancy providing sustainability and carbon advice on major infrastructure projects across the world, working collaboratively with our clients to help them to reduce their impact upon the environment and to deliver better social outcomes.
We became Carbon Neutral in 2020 and are committed to being Net Zero by 2040.
Our Adelaide Advisory team is recruiting for a Sustainability Engineer to deliver sustainability services for current projects, providing support to the Environment and Sustainability team on greenhouse gas, climate change and air quality modelling projects as needed across Australia. We would be open to applications from candidates who may be located in our other main locations such as Sydney and Melbourne.
Role Specific Duties
This role will see you:
- Provide sustainability support to project teams in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Support the successful integration and delivery of sustainability assessments and initiatives including ratings assessments (ISC and Green Star).
- Undertake sustainability modelling calculations and studies, including greenhouse gas emissions and water use.
- Support the preparation of technical reports required to facilitate project delivery to a high standard.
- Provide project coordination and management support.
- Work collaboratively as part of an integrated advisory sector and across project teams.
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including exemplar delivery of client services.
- Support the development of proposals and bid submissions.
We Are Seeking a Passionate Sustainability Professional With
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Sustainability, or similar
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in sustainability strategy and/or modelling
- Experience with ISC and Green Star rating schemes an advantage
- Be able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
At Mott MacDonald we are always looking for the best people to join us. In return, we offer opportunities for strong career progression by contributing to boutique and large scale local and international projects that shape the communities in which we live. You will build connections with our global team and be a part of a great local team.
We offer you all the benefits that come from working in a global consultancy, including a competitive salary, ongoing professional support, career development and a great opportunity to work on key projects.
We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to work, click apply to continue with your application.
There’s no time like the present, to make a change.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More About Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence