The Western Roads Upgrade will transform the arterial road network in the western suburbs by boosting capacity and significantly improving road pavement conditions and network infrastructure. The project will deliver a combination of road widening, duplications and intersection upgrades on eight arterial roads in the western suburbs, including:
- Dunnings Road and Palmers Road upgrade, Point Cook Road to Princes Freeway, Point Cook;
- Palmers Road upgrade, Princes Freeway to Western Freeway, Truganina
- Derrimut Road upgrade, Sayers Road to Dohertys Road, Tarneit;
- Leakes Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Derrimut Road, Truganina;
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Fitzgerald Road to Grieve Parade, Laverton North;
- Dohertys Road upgrade, Foundation Road to Palmers Road, Truganina;
- Princes Freeway/Forsyth Road interchange upgrade, Hoppers Crossing; and
- Duncans Road interchange, Werribee/Werribee South.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date February 2018
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Capital Value $630 Million
- Other Stakeholders , pitt&sherry, KBR, Hatch, Amey, Urbis, GTA consultants, Grimshaw Constructors
For more information on this project, visit the Victoria State Government website.