Our work connects, and enriches every Australian community, underpins our economy and society, and empowers our regions. We provide strategic policy advice, administer fit-for-purpose regulation and deliver programs and services in the major infrastructure, transport, communications and arts sectors, supporting our regions, cities and territories.
Our priorities are:
• Transport connectivity – Supporting an efficient, sustainable, competitive, accessible, safe and secure transport system and jobs through infrastructure investment.
• Regional development – Improving living standards and facilitating economic growth in cities and regions, including northern Australia.
• Communications connectivity – Enabling Australians to connect to effective, safe communications services and fostering investment in communications technologies, for inclusiveness and sustainable economic growth.
• Territories – Providing governance frameworks and services to support communities in the territories.
• Creativity and culture – Supporting sustainable and inclusive creative and cultural sectors, and protecting and promoting Australian content and culture.