Brisbane City Council (Council) is moving ahead with the turn-up-and-go Brisbane Metro, which will revolutionise public transport in Brisbane. Brisbane Metro will be a key part of Brisbane’s greater transport network, connecting the city to the suburbs, making it easier to connect with the people and places you love. Brisbane Move (construction-lead ACCIONA and design-lead Arup) is working in partnership with Council to design and deliver the major infrastructure for Brisbane Metro. The new and upgraded Inner City Infrastructure Works will include:
- A new tunnel beneath Adelaide Street and revitalised streetscape from North Quay to Edward Street,
- An upgraded Cultural Centre station,
- An enhanced gateway to the Cultural Forecourt with new landscaping and wider footpaths,
- Significant public realm improvements at Melbourne Street and Grey Street, and
- Changes to Victoria Bridge to provide three lanes for Brisbane Metro and bus services, dedicated cycling, and pedestrian pathways.