This project by Downer has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
The High Capacity Metro Trains Project delivers:
- 65 next-generation high-capacity metro trains capable of carrying 20 per cent more passengers than any other train on the network
- A new train maintenance depot in Pakenham East
- A light service facility in Calder Park
- Two simulators for driver training.
Melbourne’s bigger, better trains will initially run on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines and will eventually run through the Metro Tunnel to Sunbury. High-capacity signaling will allow the fleet to provide a more frequent, turn-up-and-go service.
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date February 2017
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Capital Value $300 Million
- Other Stakeholders Downer, Jacobs Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, Public Transport Victoria (PTV), Evolution Rail, CRCC Chagun Railway Vehicles, Plenary Group
To find out more about this project, visit the Transport for Victoria Website