This project by Level Crossing Removal Authority has achieved a 'Leading' As Design v1 IS Rating.
The North East Project Alliance (NEPA) was established to remove four level crossings.
The alliance members are Laing O'Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Jacobs, Metro Trains Melbourne and the Level Crossing Removal Authority (LXRA).
The program alliance is an innovative approach to alliance contracting developed by LXRA to expedite the removal of 50 level crossings in metropolitan Melbourne over an eight year period.
- Remove the level crossings at:
- Grange Road, Alphington
- Lower Plenty Road, Rosanna
- Bell Street, Coburg
- High Street, Reservoir
NEPA will also duplicate the track between Heidelberg and Rosanna, including:
- A new rail bridge over Burgundy Street; and
- Duplication of the rail tunnel under the Darebin Street/Hawdon Street intersection
- Rating Type Rail
- Rating Score 71
- Registered Date March 2017
- Certification Date August 2018
- Practical Completion December 2018
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Suburb Rosanna
- Assessor Sandra Valeri
- Capital Value $395 Million
- Other Stakeholders Fulton Hogan, Jacobs Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, Laing O'Rourke, Level Crossing Removal Authority, Metro Trains Melbourne, Public Transport Victoria (PTV), Vic Roads
To find out more about this project, visit the Level Crossings Removal website.