The New Merrimac Station is the third train station to be delivered under the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority. This will be located on Gooding Drive, approximately 750 metres east of the Pacific Motorway and Gooding Drive Interchange (Exit 77)
The Station will include:
• Two new 155m long side high-level platforms with 220m space allowance for future extension to accommodate a 9-car train.
• An overhead pedestrian footbridge connecting both sides of the station and platforms, including the provision of passenger lifts (DDA compliant – through lifts) from each side.
• Stair access to be provided to the pedestrian footbridge, for both access and egress from the site.
• Replacement of overhead electrical gantries throughout the new station.
• New station car parking facilities with DDA bays, taxi bays, kiss n ride bays, and bus stop and layover bays connected to Merrimac Station.
• A new signalised three-way intersection provided at the junction of Gooding Drive.