Key benefits include
- A new pedestrian underpass at the northern end of the platform;
- Two new lifts, one from underpass entry near the car park and one to the station platform;
- New station entrance on Alexandria Parade;
- New staircases from the new underpass to the car park and to the platform;
- New Boarding Assistance Zones;
- New canopy coverage over the platform lift and stairs;
- New family accessible and ambulant toilets;
- A new pedestrian crossing on Alexandria Parade;
- A new bike rack on Alexandria Parade;
- Four new accessible parking spaces;
- A formalised kiss and ride zone;
- Additional CCTV and lighting.
TAP3 projects strive to achieve maximum social, economic and environmental outcomes and value for money. The approach to embedding sustainability on the TAP 3 program is to look at the main activities of the program and identify sustainability opportunities and outcomes.
While the scope of the TAP 3 program will focus on upgrades to meet Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) requirements, the upgrades may also facilitate the use of public transport by:
- Enabling more people to transfer from using private vehicles to public transport by making stations more accessible;
- Designing interchanges to enable people to access stations by sustainable and healthy modes such as walking and cycling and by bus;
- Providing accessible parking at stations to enable trains to be used for most of the journey instead of driving the whole journey.
- Rating Type:Rail
- Registered Date: 29.04.22
- Suburbs: Waitara
- Assessor: Tete Awotedu
- Other Key Stakeholders Transport for NSW, Gartner Rose
To find out more information about this project, visit the Transport for NSW website: