This project by CPB Contractors Pty Limited has registered for a Design v1.2 IS Rating.
The West Gate Tunnel Project (WGTP) is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets.
Key construction works include:
- Upgrading and widening the West Gate Freeway from 8 to 12 lanes and include express lanes. New express lanes between the M80 and the West Gate Bridge will reduce weaving and merging that leads to traffic congestion.
- New tunnels from the West Gate Freeway to the Maribyrnong River, taking motorists and trucks underground and off residential streets
- A new bridge over the Maribyrnong River and an elevated road along Footscray Road will provide direct links to the Port of Melbourne, CityLink and an extended Wurundjeri Way
- A continuous journey from Werribee to the city for cyclists with over 14 km of new paths
- State-of-the-art smart technology across the length of the project linking it to other freeway management systems across the city.
Landscape improvements to Kororoit Creek and the intersections of Williamstown & Miller’s Roads.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date May 2018
- Practical Completion December 2022
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Suburb Melbourne
- Assessor Phonse Everard
- Capital Value $6.7 Billion
- Other Stakeholders Transurban Group, Victorian Government,
To find out more about this project, visit the West Gate Tunnel Project website.