Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River and the CBD, and four new underground stations.
The Cross River Rail Tunnels & Stations package involves the design and construction of the underground section of the project under a public-private partnership by the Pulse consortium, with the design and construction joint venture comprising CPB Contractors, BAM International, Ghella and UGL.
The project commenced in mid 2019 and was awarded a Leading IS Design rating. Construction is scheduled to complete in 2024.
Tunnels & Stations is delivering the underground section of the project under a public-private partnership by the Pulse consortium, with the design and construction joint venture comprising CPB Contractors, UGL, BAM International and Ghella.
The scope comprises
- The tunnel from a southern portal near Dutton Park station, under the Brisbane River and the CBD, to a northern portal beyond Normanby
- Four new underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street and upgrades to Dutton Park railway station.
- The tunnel portals and dive structures
- All associated mechanical, electrical and safety systems, including vertical transportation for passengers at underground stations
- Above and underground track work, traction power systems and selection rail operation and control infrastructure.
The project has to-date achieved a range of lower carbon concrete outcomes, was designed to maximise natural ventilation and natural light in station entrances which reduce lighting and the scope of air conditioning whilst ensuring patron comfort, and included a range of flood and climate change mitigations.
For more information about this project, please visit www.crossriverrail.qld.gov.au