The project achieved a Level 3 score of (7.65/7.65 points) for this credit 39% reduction is environmental impact.
The materials calculator estimates that that the environmental impact of the actual case is 39% lower than the base case. This reduction is due to the actual case having nine fewer bridges than the base case, resulting in significantly less precast concrete, steel, and ready-mixed concrete.
Key material changes from base case:
- 71% reduction in precast concrete and 47% reduction in steel in the actual case associated with nine fewer bridges to be constructed
- 127% increase in gravel quantities associated with construction of more pavement base course due to reduction in bridges
- 72% reduction in ready mixed concrete associated with fewer bridge structures and change from concrete drains to grass swales
The project obtained a level 3 score (12.75/ 12.75 points) for this credit. Based on the ecological improvements that have been incorporated into the project design, an enhancement of 22% to ecological value is anticipated.
In summary ecology enhancement was assessed for this project through the implementation of the following approaches:
- 1.91ha of open forest seed mix treatments that provide improved habitat for Black-throated Finch, and Bare-rumped Sheathtail Bat;
- 2.46ha improvements to Black Ironbox habitat;
- 6.2ha of restored wetlands;
- Translocation of 0.22ha of marine plants (Salt Couch)