This project by BMD Constructions has achieved an Excellent As Built v1.2 IS Rating.
The Melton Highway Level Crossing Removal Project involved the construction of a six-lane road bridge over the busy Sunbury/Bendigo rail line resulting in the removal of one of Victoria’s dangerous and congested level crossings.
BMD Constructions was engaged to deliver the project and completed the works with a focus on sustainable construction, materials and delivery. Working towards an ‘Excellent’ ISCA rating assisted in achieving these sustainability goals.
In January 2018, the level crossing was removed and the south side of the road bridge opened to cars, pedestrians and cyclists for the first time.
At of the beginning of August 2018, the northern side of the road bridge opened with two lanes of traffic now flowing in both directions.
This project is part of the Level Crossing Removal Project.
- Rating Type Road
- Registered Date April 2017
- Certification Date December 2019
- Practical Completion October 2018
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Suburb Sydneham
- Assessor Catherine Crowden and Andrew Stanley
- Capital Value $40 Million
- Other Stakeholders BMD Constructions, Level Crossing Removal Authority, Metro Trains Melbourne, Public Transport Victoria (PTV), Vic Roads, SMEC
To find out more about this project, visit the Level Crossing Removal Project