The Cranbourne - Packenham line is the busiest rail line in Melbourne. At morning peak, boom gates are down for up to 82 minutes.
The Caulfield to Dandenong Level Crossing Removal Project will:
- remove 9 level crossings and rebuild 5 stations at Carnegie, Murrumbeena, Hughesdale, Clayton and Noble Park.
- upgrade 72km of rail systems, power and signalling from the CBD to Packenham and Cranbourne
- extend platforms to support 65 new High Capacity Metro Trains enabling an additional 20,000 passengers per day, boosting the capacity by 42%
This project is part of the Level Crossings Removal Program.
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date April 2016
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States VIC
- Assessor Tracy Carey
- Capital Value $1.4 Billion
- Other Stakeholders CPB Contractors Pty Limited, Level Crossing Removal Authority
To find out more about this project, visit the Level Crossing Removal Authority Website