Key benefits include:
- New footbridge and stairs with canopies
- Three new lifts to provide accessible cross corridor and platform access
- Construction of new kiss and ride zones, accessible parking spaces and bus zones on Berkeley Road (east and west) including seating and improved access paths
- Upgrade of station entrances with new pavements, pathways and landscaping
- Platform modifications, including new boarding assistance zones
- Modifications of the existing station building with new family accessible toilet and ambulant toilet
- Upgrade to the station power services and communications room
- Additional station lighting and closed circuit television (CCTV). TAP3 projects strive to achieve maximum social, economic and environmental outcomes and value for money.
The approach to embedding sustainability on the TAP 3 program is to look at the main activities of the program and identify sustainability opportunities and outcomes.
While the scope of the TAP 3 program will focus on upgrades to meet Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) requirements, the upgrades may also facilitate the use of public transport by:
- Enabling more people to transfer from using private vehicles to public transport by making stations more accessible;
- Designing interchanges to enable people to access stations by sustainable and healthy modes such as walking and cycling and by bus;
- Providing accessible parking at stations to enable trains to be used for most of the journey instead of driving the whole journey.
- Rating Type:Rail
- Registered Date: 25.06.21
- Suburbs: Unanderra
- Assessor: Ben Hale
- Other Key Stakeholders Transport for NSW, Degnan
To find out more information about this project, visit the Transport for NSW website: