- A new lift and upgraded station entrance, stairs and canopy
- Reconfigured and upgraded commuter car park including two new accessible parking spaces
- New accessible pathways throughout the station precinct, including a new ramp to the commuter car park
- A new family accessible toilet and unisex ambulant toilet
- Improvements to CCTV and lighting.
- Two new lifts connecting the existing footbridge to the Terminus Street entrance and the station platform
- A new access ramp and stairs from the Trafalgar Street station entrance to the existing footbridge
- Upgrade work to the existing footbridge and stairs
- A new accessible parking space adjacent to the Terminus Street lift
- A formalised kiss and ride area on Terminus Street
- New bicycle parking on both sides of the station
- Improved amenities such as new male and female ambulant toilet, a new family accessible toilet, CCTV and lighting.
TAP3 projects strive to achieve maximum social, economic and environmental outcomes and value for money. The approach to embedding sustainability on the TAP 3 program is to look at the main activities of the program and identify sustainability opportunities and outcomes.
While the scope of the TAP 3 program will focus on upgrades to meet Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) requirements, the upgrades may also facilitate the use of public transport by:
- Enabling more people to transfer from using private vehicles to public transport by making stations more accessible;
- Designing interchanges to enable people to access stations by sustainable and healthy modes such as walking and cycling and by bus;
- Providing accessible parking at stations to enable trains to be used for most of the journey instead of driving the whole journey.
- Rating Type:Rail
- Registered Date: 08.06.2020
- Suburbs: Bexley North and Petersham
- Assessor: Robbert McCann
- Other Key Stakeholders: Transport for NSW, Arenco
To find out more information about this project, visit the Transport for NSW website: