East Hills Station
- 2 new lifts connecting from the underpass to the station platforms
- upgrade of the station entrance on Park Road to provide improved pathways for customers
- upgrade of the two existing accessible parking spaces in the commuter car park
- a new kiss and ride area on Park Road
- upgrade of the pathway connecting Maclaurin Avenue to the station entrance
- provision of a new family accessible toilet, and upgrade of the existing male and female toilets to include an ambulant toilet cubicle within each
- installation of hearing loops and new boarding assistance zones on all platforms
- improvements to lighting, CCTV and way-finding signage.
- replacing the existing station entry concourse, building and stairs with a new station entry concourse from the Hume Highway including a new lift and stairs connecting the concourse to the station platform
- a new station building on the island platform for station facilities, including a new family accessible toilet and new male and female ambulant toilets
- additional platform canopies to provide continuous cover from the new lift and stairs to Platform 1 boarding assistance zone
- two new accessible parking spaces in the Breasley Place commuter car park and upgrade of the two accessible parking spaces in the Ritchie Road commuter car park
- upgrade of pathways from both commuter car parks to the station entrance
- new kiss and ride bay on Hume Highway
- platform regrading and new tactile installation
- relocating existing bike hoops
- upgrades to lighting, and CCTV.
TAP3 projects strive to achieve maximum social, economic and environmental outcomes and value for money. The approach to embedding sustainability on the TAP 3 program is to look at the main activities of the program and identify sustainability opportunities and outcomes.
While the scope of the TAP 3 program will focus on upgrades to meet Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport (DSAPT) requirements, the upgrades may also facilitate the use of public transport by:
- Enabling more people to transfer from using private vehicles to public transport by making stations more accessible;
- Designing interchanges to enable people to access stations by sustainable and healthy modes such as walking and cycling and by bus;
Providing accessible parking at stations to enable trains to be used for most of the journey instead of driving the whole journey.
- Rating Type:Rail
- Registered Date: 01.06.2021
- Suburbs: East Hills and Yagoona
- Assessor: Rob McCann/Charles Pachulicz
- Other Key Stakeholders Transport for NSW, Arenco
To find out more information about this project, visit the Transport for NSW website: