This project by Laing O'Rourke has achieved a 'Commended' IS Rating.
Laing O’Rourke was engaged to construct a new fully-accessible transport interchange at Wickham as part of an integrated transport solution to help drive urban renewal in the Newcastle city centre.
The new interchange will enable customers to easily connect with trains, light rail, regional buses, taxis and cars.Key features include:
• New intermodal fully accessible interchange
• Taxi spaces and a kiss-and-ride facility
• New platforms and concourse
• Fully accessible pedestrian bridge over the rail corridor
• New crew and staff facilities
• New power system, communication and lighting systems
• Modifications to existing roads and overbridges
• Rail infrastructure and stabling yard
• Provision for future Light Rail (light rail to be constructed by others).
- Rating Type Rail
- Registered Date March 2016
- Certification Date October 2018
- Jurisdiction Australia
- States NSW
- Suburb Newcastle
- Assessor Daniel Keegan
- Capital Value $68 Million
- Other Stakeholders Aurecon Australasia Pty Ltd, Bingo Industries, Laing O'Rourke, Transport for NSW (TfNSW), NSW Trains