Senior Environment & Planning Coordinator
ACCIONA Energía is the biggest 100% renewable energy company with no fossil legacy in the world. With more than 30 years of experience and operations in 20 countries on five continents, ACCIONA Energía offers a wide portfolio of tailored energy solutions so that its corporate and institutional clients can meet their decarbonisation goals. This includes the development, engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of renewable power plants -mainly wind and photovoltaic technologies-, energy sales and management and marketing, energy services, self-consumption, electric mobility and new technologies such as storage and green hydrogen.
About The Role
ACCIONA Energía has a new opportunity for a talented Senior Environment & Planning Coordinator to join the team contributing to our large-scale and dynamic MacIntyre Wind Farm project, which is located near Warwick in South East Queensland. This renewables project will be the largest ever wind farm in Australia with a total investment of AU$1.96 billion. This role is based in Brisbane CBD with 1-2 days of work from home along with regular visits to the site.
The Senior Environment & Planning Coordinator is responsible for driving the compliance matters related to State Planning Approvals and Federal Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation (EPBC) Permits, including fulfilling compliance obligations, implementation of related management plans, offset management, flora species transplantation and re-vegetation through the construction and operating phases of the project lifecycle.
- Successful implementation of EPBC Approvals through construction and operations phases
- Implementation of the Planning Approvals including relevant permit amendments and approvals
- Oversee the delivery of environmental management programs on time, within budget, and to recognised best practice standard
- Provision of environmental expertise and advice to project managers, construction and operation staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders including the Construction team, contractors, local, state, and federal Government staff and local community representatives.
- Proven professional experience in environmental management ideally within the construction industry
- Undergraduate degree or higher in science, natural resources, environment, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing environmental assessments, EMPs, auditing, and report writing.
- Understanding of Australian regulatory environmental reporting and compliance requirements.
- Current Driver’s License and flexibility for regular visits to site located South-West of Warwick, Queensland
More information about the project:
If this sounds like the next step in your career, please follow the below link to submit your applications
As a company that values diversity as a source of talent, we work to foster an inclusive environment that promotes respect, belonging and engagement so that all people can participate on an equal opportunity basis. We invite everyone to apply regardless of origin, circumstances, background or condition.